The Pet Set

Monday, March 29, 2010

Finishing School

Often, I read or hear people utter passionately, Dogs Teach Us So Much! For some reason, I have an unusual physical reaction to that statement. I feel my face scrunch a little and my shoulders shrug.

Really? Dogs teach us? Can they teach us how to drive a fancy sports car? or how to cook boeuf Bourguignon? I wish mine could provide fashion tips.

Too cynical? too literal? Maybe. I guess the same way I feel about how insensitive it is to dress a dog in human clothing, is the way I feel about this. The attribution of a human characteristic to an animal.

As the creator of The Pet Set, I thought long and hard about what I have learned to be the essence of dog.

They enlighten us:
to see them as elegant, poised, smart and even spiritual. They open our mind to the possibility that every day, every moment is new and exciting. Can you imagine how different your life would be if you embraced that concept? You probably do already. I still must be taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment